Communicating science is more than just stripping out the jargon and re-ordering the text.
Elaine will coach your staff in the art of effective science communication, either 1:1 or in small groups.
Effective communication involves learning about your audience and tailoring your style and content to their knowledge and interests.
Instead of trying to ‘dumb it down’, a great communicator strips out unnecessary content and focuses on the key messages. By concentrating on the audience, rather than on the science, they find points of emotional connection between their reader and the content.
Elaine will take your staff through a logical process that teaches them how to create effective presentations and documents that impact your audience and achieve results.
- Understanding your audience
- Choosing your content
- Language and sentence style
- Structuring content – how to use text, diagrams and quotes
- Writing for results – how to engage your audience and spur them into action
- Getting your point across
- How to create and maintain interest